English Speaking Counselor in Taipei
Lillian Chen, MS, MFT, NLC, CCHt
Education & Credential
Master of Science, Counseling Psychology
California State University, Bakersfield
Bakersfield, California, U.S.A.
Bachelor of Art, Social Psychology
Shih Hsin University
Durham, North Carolina, U.S.A.
(Formerly known as Registered Psychotherapist)
State of Colorado, U.S.A.
Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist
International Certification Board of Clinical Hypnotherapy
Additional Certification and Training:
– Couple’s counseling training by Drs. John and Julie Gottman. Dr. John Gottman is regarded as one of the 10 most influential therapists of the past quarter century. John and Julie are developers of the Gottman Method Couple’s Therapy.
– Milton Erickson Foundation certification in intensive training (hypnotherapy)
– ICBCH certification in medical hypnotherapy training
Ethics in hypnotherapy
- Columnist for Colorado Chinese Newspaper
- Yahoo! exclusive expert interview by Jaleh Donaldson for article “Coping with Infertility”
- Radio Interviews on CPTSD, in Mandarin Chinese. Click on the links to listen:
Experience & Affiliation
Owner & Psychotherapist, Prestige Transformation, LLC, State of Colorado, U.S.A./Taipei, Taiwan
Psychology Instructor, Shih Hsin University, Taipei, Taiwan
Coach/Advisor, Career Development Club, Shih Hsin University, Taipei, Taiwan
Consultant, Center for the Development and Research of Romantic Love, Shih Hsin University, Taipei, Taiwan
Speaker at various universities in Taiwan
Invited Speaker to TED in Shanghai, China
Career Consultant, 8 Dian Hou, Shanghai, China
Instructor, “Beyond Political Correctness: Getting Comfortable with Diversity” course, Colorado Free University, State of Colorado, U.S.A.
Owner & Psychotherapist, TLC Psychotherapy, LLC, State of Colorado, U.S.A.
Marriage & Family Therapist, Kern County Mental Health – Children’s Outpatient, State of California, U.S.A.
Counselor, Counselor Training Clinic, California State University, Bakersfield, State of California, U.S.A.
Executive Coach to clients in various industries
Authorized English-Mandarin translator by Dr. Susan Heitler for her blog articles
Expert interview by Jaleh Donaldson for her published book “Making Marriage a Success: Pearls of Wisdom from Experts across the Nation”
Member, Colorado Association of Psychotherapists
Member, Colorado Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
Member, American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
Member & Affiliate Provider, MindFreedom International
As this website speaks to the global audience, your local legislation may have its own definition of specific terminology, which may not be in congruence with this site’s or Lillian’s use of the words. Please clarify with Lillian as needed.